Sunday, August 28, 2011

Spinach, Tomato and Fontina Sliders: No Assembly Required.

As you may notice from the one month break in posts, it's been a hectic few weeks. I went to Spain for a week and visited a friend. We had a phenomenal time sightseeing, dancing, and even embarked on a cannoli hunt that lasted several days and concluded with a cannoli of epic proportions, but that is a tale for another time.

After that, my mother and I began a week-long road trip to drive my harp along with all my other stuff up to New York so I could move in. Since arriving, I have been frantically setting up my new apartment. I've taken on all roles - locksmith, plumber, carpenter, etc. So needless to say when it came to cooking, I needed something that was indeed, No Assembly Required. It was also taking longer than expected to get my gas turned on, so I only had a toaster oven to work with when cooking which sparked a lot of toast, warm sandwiches, and when I was feeling a bit more creative, these cute and healthy little snacks.


The recipe is too simple. Slice a tomato, put it on the toaster tray, top with a slice of fontina (or whatever other cheese you prefer). Toast until nice and melty, put on a bed of fresh spinach, and top with herbs. I did go out and buy a sleek little planter and put some fresh herbs in, so I threw on fresh oregano and rosemary (my current spice-infatuation).


These require basically no ingredients, minimal prep, and are quite delectable. So next time you need a break from unpacking, bookcase building, and all the other stresses of starting a new semester, give these a try!

1 comment:

  1. From the steel grate over your window it looks like you are now living on the upper west side of Manhattan. Flowers look great as does the delectable food.

    ReplyDelete