Sunday, July 3, 2011

A quick word on biscuit cups



They're awesome. Simple, quick, and can be sweet or savory depending on what you are feeling. I got the idea here, and decided to make my favorite type of omelet into a biscuit cup.

I am sure you could make your own biscuit dough and it would probably be healthier and a bit tastier, but I was feeling lazy and found these babies in the fridge door and went for it.



The recipe is quite simple....



Split the biscuits in half lengthwise, flatten it out a bit and press into a muffin tin.


Then, prepare your desired filling:

I chopped up one andouille sausage, one garlic clove and half a red onion. Then at the last second I threw in 3 chopped up mushrooms too, because I can't resist adding mushrooms to almost everything I make. I whisked 6 eggs, added some crushed pepper, and mixed in the chopped veggies and sausage.

Use a 1/4 C. measuring cup to fill each of the cups. Top with a little parmesan cheese and fresh oregano leaves and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden and the egg mixture has puffed up and solidified.

Pull out and sprinkle with more crushed pepper if you like, and serve warm.



Don't hesitate to experiment with different fillings or veggies. For the bacon fans out there, try lining the inside of the cup with a slice of bacon before pouring in the eggs. Or if you have some berries that are on the verge of being too squishy, throw them in and bake for a sweeter treat. They are very portable and make a complete breakfast in a compact little package. So get adventurous and start rummaging through your fridge to make your very own biscuit cups!

No comments:

Post a Comment